Energy for work, life, and play
North Georgia Electric Membership Corporation (NGEMC) was established in
1936 to provide electricity to portions of seven northwest Georgia counties:
Whitfield, Murray, Gordon, Catoosa, Chattooga, Floyd, and Walker. NGEMC is
owned by its membership. The members elect the board of directors,
which is responsible for the oversight of the Cooperative.
NGEMC owns and operates 34 substations and approximately 6,500 miles of electric distribution line.
Through its partnership with TVA, NGEMC offers a variety of services and programs developed to help
the consumer use energy more efficiently. The Energy Right Solutions programs offer savings
opportunities for new and existing homes as well as for commercial and industrial establishments.
NGEMC partners with area Chambers of Commerce, schools, and other civic organizations in efforts that
benefit the development and well-being of the community as a whole. In support of education,
NGEMC’s annual scholarship program helps deserving high school seniors continue their education.
NGEMC also offers electrical safety demonstrations to schools and civic clubs. Like other electric
cooperatives, NGEMC was established to help bring electricity to rural America, and still today, its core
belief is that nothing is more important than serving local communities.
Calhoun (706) 629-3160 ~ Dalton (706) 259-9441
Fort Oglethorpe (706) 866-2231 ~ Trion (706) 734-7341