Diplomat of the Month Tim Rowe
1. You have been involved with the Diplomats for a couple of years now. What’s your favorite part? Chamber Connections is my favorite event. I enjoy having lunch with this group every month and learning about the different businesses in Dalton. Being a Diplomat has taught me more about the Chamber and I am now in the Leadership Class of 2015.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up? I didn’t really know, but I knew I wanted to help people and I wanted to own my own business. I think these two things fit nicely with my career choice.
3. What was your first job and how did that prepare you for this career? My first job was with Cherokee Healthcare when I was 15 years old. This was a nursing home and helped me develop a special love for the elderly.
4. What’s the one fact that readers would be surprised to know about you? I love the outdoors. I like be outside whenever possible. I really enjoy kayaking, biking and hiking.
5. How has your Chamber membership benefited you? In so many ways! Overall, it has made me a more outgoing person and has certainly helped to promote Dalton Funeral Home. We have been members since before we opened and I am proud to say that it was a huge part of our success.